GC-O the state of the art....
GC-Olfactometry theory is simple to understand. By installing at the end of a chromatographic column a split, the sample is splitted between the FID Detector and the nose.
The peak/odor impression correlation will then be performed by specialized fragrance chemists.
At the heart of the Sniffer 9100 GC-O system is the dedicated GC/Olfactometer heated Interface.
Brechbühler has over 46 years experience in implementing hyphenated techniques by using special designed interfaces.
Years of Experience!...
The Sniffer 9100 System is engineered to transfer the effluentpreserving the entire high resolution available on capillary gas chromatography and is chemically inert to preserve the chemical identities.
The mechanical interface is manufactured from a single piece of stainless steel tubing heated by direct current.
The tube is profiled to give a uniform temperature profile.
The chemical compound are transported to the nose using a deactivated fused silica.Humid air is added around the transfer fused silica to add comfort to the panelist and prevent nasal dryness.
FID & Odorogram...
The Chromatograms show the FID trace (top left),the Odor intensity (Odorogram) (top right) and the overlay of the two traces ( here below).
The human nose can be more sensitive to certain compounds than the FID.
Some compounds are detected only on the “odorogram”. Compoundswith low or no odor are detected only on the FID as shown on the overlay here below.
GC-Olfactometry - It‘s all about...
One of the challenge in GC-O is the identification of odors eluting.
The main detector in GC-O is the human nose.
To get accurate results, the panelist must remain focused.
The Sniffer 9100 Series has been designed to offer maximum comfort.
It offers a comfortable working position away from any source of heat
Test and training kit
To help you get the best of your system, we have developed a Test and Training kit.
This kit is ideal for beginners.
In a few injections, you get a good sense of what to expect from the GC-O.
It includes the column, compound mix and documentation
• 1 programmable temperature program with
• Initial temperature from 50°C to 325°C by step of 1°C
• Initial time in minutes from 1 to 599 minutes by step of 1 minute
• Temperature Ramp: form 5°C/min to 50°C/min by step of 1°C/min
• Final temperature from initial temp +1°C to 325°C by step of 1°C
• Final time in minutes from 1 to 599 minutes by step of 1 minute
Touch areas programmable by software:
• Text displayed and fonts
• Color of the area
• Value of the area when touched (in % of full scale)
• Zero offset programable in % of full scale for touch areas
• Definition of user name
• Change user from the main window
• Digital fingerspan with touch screen technology
• Programmable for each of the users created
• Set 0 and 100 % according to the finger span of each user
• Signal generated according to output range set